Friday, 14 February 2014

"When it rains, it pours."

This is it; the week that the first CSC148 assignment is due. Coincidentally, it is also the week of multiple midterms, quizzes, essays, and assignments… right before Reading Week. Talk about stressful.

I really think that is the hardest part of university. I have never found any exams or tests to be extremely difficult or challenging, but with all of them at once… it gets difficult to focus on one thing when 5 others are at the back of your mind.

Both my partner and I had a lot to worry about besides the due date of the assignment, and it was quite difficult for us to juggle our time. It made us very sad and contemplate if we still wanted to pursue Computer Science if we could not even handle an assignment. With midterms worth 20% - 30% up till Wednesday night, getting frustrated over fixing our assignment was not really a big priority.

That left Thursday; the day my partner and I spent in the Help Center, just using the atmosphere as an inspiration to work on our assignment. We would occasionally ask for help, but really, the Help Center was a place that kept us from getting distracted as much as we would have if we were elsewhere.

This week really helped me realise the importance of time management, and how much I really need to improve on mine. Had I started the assignment a bit earlier, or studied a bit more for my midterms, I would have probably felt much better about my work than I do presently.

No comments:

Post a Comment