For the first
assignment of CSC148, the objective was to implement parts of a step-by-step
design of an object-oriented program for a Towers of Anne Hoy game. Initially,
I felt like I didn't understand the game, so after some further reading on
Wikipedia, I realised it was a lot like the 4 Lions game I used to play on Math
Circus, (if anyone remembers that from elementary school).
I was a little bit
worried starting out on the assignment because I didn't feel too confident in
my abilities and knowledge to write and solve code. I read the assignment
handout repeatedly and stared at the files for hours, almost in tears because I
didn't even know how to begin. I never felt so clueless and flustered, and I
didn't even know what kind of questions to ask my peers without sounding like a
complete idiot.
After about 4 hours
of frustration, and a good night's rest, I managed to tackle the assignment
without too many difficulties.
The lesson I learned
from this experience was that even though I was reading the assignment over and
over again for hours, and not producing an visible progress, it doesn't mean
I'm still NOT making progress. I felt that understanding the assignment before
starting any work made the entire process much more easier to tackle, and
easier to fix, had I made any mistakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment